Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So long, old friend......


After 12 great years we said goodbye today to our big guy Joe The Dog. I thought for a long time about what I might write about him, what stories I may tell, and what heart strings I might pull. But after some thought I realized that if you met Joe, even once, then you knew all there was to know about him. He was the most loving, loyal, and constant friend a person could ask for and we will miss him terribly.

Rest well, old friend. You were great.

3 comments:

  1. From our dear friend Juergen Renner:

    I had the pleasure to know him, and man did he take my heart in a sec. He had a good long life with the Hertzler's . There's a German poem about dogs being the best friend of man that says it all: '' Und wenn Du mich nun fragst, was ich nur an ihm finde: Der Hund der hält im Sturme stand, der Mensch nicht mal im Winde.''

    (And when you ask me now, what I saw in him: A dog stands through the storm, and a man falls in the wind.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss Joey, we had a special relationship. I will always remember snuggling with him up on the coach or bed....he was the best nice ever : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to greet the old guy the same way every time: "Hey, Joe,...whadya' know?" I'm sure St. Peter, or whoever admits the canines to Paradise, will also greet him with gentle affection.

    Rest in peace, Joey.

    Uncle T.

    ReplyDelete